- Can ALII Tool be run in deviated or horizontal wells? YES
- Can ALII Tool be opened by pressure? YES
- It also permits the client to pressure test the production string prior to opening of the ALII Tool.
- What is the forecasted life span of the ALII Tool?
- The ALII Tool has been designed to outlast the production tubing string of the well. The ALII Tool is tested extensively for it’s opening & closing capability to 75 times. However, it is recommended to change out the ALII Tool when the tubing string is required to be changed out. We have ALII Tools presently in wells that are exceeding 1 plus years and have been functioned by the client for servicing of well with 100% positive results.
- What pressures is the ALII Tool capable of?
- The ALII Tool is rated for an external pressure of 10,000 PSI (70 MPA). Internal pressure rating is 1450 PSI (10 MPA) and the valve will open at 1885 PSI (13 MPA). This has been tested and recorded in our manufacturing & developing facility.
- Can the ALII Tool be run in thermal wells? YES
- The ALII Tool Is designed to be run in wells up to 250 degrees Celsius (482 Fahrenheit) we also have the ALII-T Tool that is designed for extreme temperatures of 343 degrees Celsius (650 Fahrenheit). In these extreme temperature wells the ALII Tool by design helps to prevent damage to tubulars & casing from stress cracking due to extreme temperature changes when pumping colder kill fluid when killing the well.
- Can ALII Tool be snubbed into the well bore? YES
- The ALII Tool’s design uses bottom hole pressure to keep the valve in the closed position. It also has 2 backups designed into the tool with one being the tool having mechanical fingers that keep it in the closed position & second being brass shear pins locking it in the closed position which increases the SAFETY aspects for the client’s personnel and the environment.
- How can the ALII Tool benefit me? The ALII Tool has many areas of benefit.
- Increased safety to personnel due to ALII Tool being capable of being used as a barrier with the tubing having positive shut off prior to breaking wellhead containment.
- Allows safety equipment to be left as safety equipment and not to be used as routine wellhead repair equipment (i.e. not using the polish rod BOP’s to repair stuffing boxes etc., or larger wellhead repairs if the polish rod BOP’s fail to fully retract again).
- Client is capable of pressure testing tubulars and other minor diagnostics. In turn reducing the costs of rig time, wireline services and tubing plug charges.
- Reduced environmental costs and footprint when performing minor surface equipment repairs (i.e. stuffing box or polish rod BOP repairs).
Reduced impact on environment by not using kill fluids to kill well when surfacing the rod pump. A couple 100L of de-waxer or degreaser is all that is needed to clean the rod string.
- ALII reduces the impact on the watershed by not requiring water to kill the wells.
- Reduces trucking costs for transporting of kill fluids for killing of the well and transport of recovered kill fluids to a disposal well.
- The ALII Tool can be closed with the pump jack sealing off tubulars which reduces rig time in killing the well.
- Increased life expectancy on disposal wells is gained by not requiring any kill fluid to surface a pump. This in turn reduces the volume of kill fluids being disposed.
- Client is able to immediately place well into production without lost production time required to recover kill fluids from tubing first and disposal of these fluids.
- Rig cost reduction to the client by reducing the rig time needed to kill the well by simply closing the ALII Tool as a tubing barrier.
- Client is also capable of closing the ALII Tool & repositioning Tubing string in other desired perforated areas of wellbore without incurring extra costs of surfacing the entire tubing string to reset the ALII Tool.
- Allows the client to run pressure, temperature, or other recorders without the need of external feed lines to capture real-time data while pumping operation are in progress.
- Client also has option to kill the well in the traditional methods if required.
- Can the ALII Tool assist me in wells with issues of gas locking? YES
Can the ALII Tool be used in extreme wells with high H2S & corrosives? YES
Is there any other tool in the market capable of achieving the same results as the ALII Tool? NO
When and where is the ALII Tool run and positioned?
- Where is the ALII Tool manufactured?
The ALII Tool is manufactured in Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada by Sabre Machining Ltd. Sabre Machining has extensive experience in the manufacturing of specialty downhole tools for major oilfield service companies who operate throughout the world. Sabre Machining holds a valid API Spec Q1 QMS Certificate which is recognized worldwide and assurances top quality products for our clients.
Can the ALII Tool be replaced? YES
Are there any issues to replace the ALII Tool? NO
Is there extensive training with the operation of the ALII Tool? NO